My Personal Journey not only to lose weight, but to find happiness and success along the way in ALL aspects of my life.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Book Review: 20 and Counting by Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar

So I recently downloaded kindle for my laptop and I must say I am sold. It is so cool to download a book you want to read and immediately have it at your fingertips! I thought it would be cool to do a book review when I read a book and share it with everyone.

This book was so good that I had read the entire thing in two days. It explains how The Duggars have supported their family through the years with various business ventures. These people are DEBT free. That big fancy house of theirs. Paid for. Cash. No mortgage. I find that absolutely amazing.  I am not debt free and I do not even have kids yet. Sheesh I will have to sell my first born child just to pay my college education loans! (that was a joke)  Alot of people have said they would not be debt free if it was not for their tv show but if you read their book you will find that they were debt free long before the tv show came along. People have often pretty much accused the Duggars of being slave drivers to their children.Yes their kids have their chores or "jurisdictions" but that entire house is cleaned in about an hour. Have you seen the size of that house? I wish I had a few Duggars to help me clean mine! I see nothing wrong with their kids learning responsibility at a young age. I have 2 teenage nephews that have a cow if you ask them to make their beds.Also I was happy to know that the Duggars take time out of their busy schedules to spend time with each individual child. People really should lay off the Duggars about having to many children. The kids are well taken care of and loved. There are people out there who do not deserve one child. Anyway I won't rant about that. lol. Bottom line, this is an excellent book.

1 comment: