My Personal Journey not only to lose weight, but to find happiness and success along the way in ALL aspects of my life.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Low Cal Chili Mac Recipe

One of my biggest weaknesses is pasta. I don't know. Maybe I was Italian in a past life or something. But the point is when I have pasta I tend to overdo it. I'm talking a mountain of pasta heaped up on my plate. Usually topped with about a quarter of a jar of Parmesan cheese. Yeah mega calories city. When it comes to healthy eating pasta has been and always will be my weakness. However, I found a group on my facebook page one day called Weight Watchers Recipes. and let me tell you these people have some recipes that make your mouth water! I was a happy girl when I found a recipe for chili mac. It has 325 calories a serving. That may seem a little high however not to bad if you have one serving and pair it with some steamed broccoli and a side salad. Here is the recipe. Enjoy! If you would like to add Weight Watchers Recipes to Your Facebook you can find them at

http://www.facebook.com/wwatchersrecipes?ref=sgm

Ingredients:

16 oz. extra lean ground turkey or beef
1 cup chopped onion
1- 16 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can Healthy Request Tomato Soup
1 cup reduced-sodium tomato juice
2 tsp. chili seasoning
1- 8 oz. can red kidney beans, drained
1 cup whole grain elbow macaroni
Cooking spray

Directions

In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown meat
Meanwhile, in a Crock Pot container coated with cooking spray, combine
onion, undrained tomatoes, tomato soup, tomato juice and chili seasoning
Stir in kidney beans and uncooked macaroni
Add browned meat
Mix well to combine
Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Mix well before serving

Serves 8

325 Calories


No comments:

Post a Comment