My Personal Journey not only to lose weight, but to find happiness and success along the way in ALL aspects of my life.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Calories In/Calories out Its Simple Math

First of the golden rule is if it doesn't come from the ground or have a mama DONT EAT IT. All those boxed foods you find in the grocery store. Processed junk or what Jillian refers to as "frankenfoods" Your body does not even recognize these "foods" at all. Try to stick to lean meats, fresh vegetables, and fresh fruits.

Count Your Calories- This can be a pain in the butt counting every little calorie that enters your mouth but it is KEY to weight loss success. Right now I am following between a 1200-1400 calorie diet. There are easy calorie counters that you can use online for free. I use www.mydailyplate.com

Workout- If you want to lose weight you have to burn calories. Bottom Line. I'm the first to tell you I hate working out. But as Jillian says "if you want it you have to work for it! It doesn't come for free! " I workout at the gym an hour and a half each day. Never workout more then two hours at a time as this puts your body in over training mode. I also take off ATLEAST one day to rest. Your body needs a chance to recover.

Do not drink diet soda. I know this one sucks. However, the sweetners in diet soda can confuse your body and your metabolism. Jillian recomends Stevia All Natural sweetner. I mix this with decaf tea.

Finally drink plenty of water. My trainer wants me drinking at least a gallon of water a day.

I know what its like to follow the crazy diet fads and think nothing works. But if you follow this it will work. Calories in/Calories out. Its simple math. If anyone ever needs any help feel free to e-mail me. I'd love to offer all the assistance I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment